Wednesday, June 18, 2008

World Record Holder

Well..sort of....

..maybe not. But I did download and install Firefox 3 (download count). So far I like the improvements. The Mac OS look is really nice and the browser seems to be eating up a lot less memory than version 2. There would be times that I had to restart the browser to clear the memory. I haven't had to do that yet.
I must admit that I haven't tried out too many of the new features yet. One of the features I am going to look at soon is the new bookmark manager. I stopped using the old bookmark manager because it didn't allow me to organize stuff in an easy way. Instead, I would just dump my bookmarks into delicious. Which, just so happens, has a new Firefox 3 add-on. I upgraded that too and it looks like it has a lot more features as well. I haven't really checked that out too much yet either so we'll see which one wins out....or if they both serve a purpose, I may end up using them both.
The new location bar has been working really well so far. Seems to be much more smarter than the old one. So far the location that i really want has popped up at the top more often than not. But then again, I'm a creature of habit and tend to visit the same sites throughout the day.
One thing that doesn't work in Firefox 3 is the Google Browser Sync add-on. I'm thinking of trying out Foxmarks instead. It seems to be just as good, if not better. Google Sync didn't allow me to get to my saved stuff and at times it would lose my tabs.
So anyway, if you haven't already, give Firefox 3 a try. Tell em a world record holder sent you.

No comments: