Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Twittering Development

I was wondering if using Twitter in a software development team would be useful. Twitter is a pretty unobtrusive application. Messages just show up and it's very easy to disregard the messages if they do not pertain or interest you. If the message does interest you, you can easily follow up with the person using a more traditional communication tool.
For a development team, I thought it would be useful to know what other developers are working on or have accomplished. There may be times when you could help each other out or would be aware if someone is going down the wrong path or has solved a problem that you couldn't.
I think it could be a good tool. Right now I'm on a project with another developer. We're going to try using Twitter to communicate "stuff". I'm hoping that we will be able to tweak our Twitters to be beneficial to each other over time. I'll post my findings on the Twitter Experiment. Let me know if anyone out there has already tried this or something similar or if you have any suggestions of things we should try out.

1 comment:

aaron said...

so, how is the twitter for development going? here is something from hackystat land that might interest you hackystat boswell