Wednesday, April 9, 2008

ShoeBox v0.1

Here are the first set of prototype screens for the ShoeBox. It's basically functioning. The rest of the development will be fine tuning it to make it work better for me.

This is the Link screen. You can drag links from the browser to the list on the upper left. The space on the upper right displays the web page. The rest of the fields are description fields. Right now I'm storing the links on del.icio.us so I'm using the Topic Notes section as tags.



These are the link posts in del.icio.us. I'm hoping I'll be able to add these to my search component. The del.icio.us api is really limited but I think it'll work.




This is the search screen. There is a combo box at the top that will allow the user to switch between the various custom searches. For now I will be creating searches using the Google Custom Search tool.




This is the feeds page. For now I'll be displaying the Google Reader page since I'm planning to point all feeds here using Yahoo Pipes if necessary. I'm not really sure if this page is necessary. I was thinking of integrating this page with the Save Links page but I'm not sure yet.

2 comments:

aaron said...

thats cool stuff.

aaron said...

i just so happened to have read this today: http://socialmedia.typepad.com/blog/2008/04/social-tagging.html