Thursday, April 10, 2008

Advanced Searching

I put together a couple of custom searches. One using Google Custom Search and another one with Swicki. They are both set to search websites that contain java programming pages. I seeded them both with a set of urls. I'm going to start using them to see if it will give me a better set of search results when I look for coding help. Hopefully I'll be patient enough to use them and compare the differences when I really need to find something.
The Swicki search is in my sidebar, the Google search didn't fit very well, so you can check it out here.
The way the searches work is that the Google custom search will search the entire web and put my url finds at the top of the search result list. The Swicki search is supposed to learn from other Swicki searches and refine itself over time. It also uses my seeded urls as a base and also uses a set of keywords. The set of keywords that I started the Swicki with was: coding, examples, java, programming, search, software.

No comments: