Sunday, April 6, 2008

Search App

This is an overview of my next project. I basically want an application that will (1) help me store links and notes so that I can find them easily again when/if I need them, (2) allow me to do smarter searches or get search results that have more of the things that I am interested in, (3) show me more stuff (links) that i might want to see, like a suped-up google reader.

I've decided to create the application front end in Adobe Air. Just to see how it works. It seems like a good platform, although I'm not too keen on using proprietary stuff. I have also decided to use as many existing tools that I can. So I will be using things like del.icio.us, yahoo pipes, google reader, google custom search, and whatever else I can find.

My next steps will be to setup all the tools that I want to use, create the application ui, and come up with a name for this app.

No comments: