Friday, February 20, 2009

Gas Cubby Procrastination Part II

Ok, so I didn't realize that the $0.99 thing was a limited time offer....procrastinated again and missed it.
I finally bought it at the original $4.99 price after getting a little scared when I read a post that the price might go up to $9.99
The app works pretty nicely so far. Need to use it a bit more to get a good idea if it does everything that I want it to do....which isn't much. Basically track my mileage and record any maintenance that I do on my cars and be able to report it back to me in a way that is easy to view.

By the way, check out the blog over at App Cubby. A couple of interesting posts regarding the iPhone App store, pricing, and application development. I agree with and sympathize with the guys over there at App Cubby. I'm glad they chose the path that they are embarking on now. Here's a short quote from one of their posts:

"I've realized that I would rather have small community of delighted customers than a gaggle of customers who don’t value what I’m doing"

That's pretty cool.

I feel a little bad about getting hung up on the price, but as a consumer, I don't want to pay for something that doesn't do what I want it to do. I don't mind paying for something that does what I need and does it in a good way. But for me, I need to be 100% sure it will before I shell out some money...that's just the way I am. I'll post a short review once I get more data entered.


And thanks Steve for all the links and updates

No comments: