Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ChaCha guide: Day 1

I was accepted as a ChaCha guide.
My first task was to complete a set of 15 sample questions, which I passed. These were questions that were fairly straight forward. Things like the score of a baseball game, some simple facts, and some history type questions. These questions were ones that I was thinking that I would be getting when I really started.
So after passing those samples, I was ready to start for real. I was really looking forward to it. I read a couple of comments that mentioned that a lot of the questions were pranks, but I still felt that I would be helping the search community and it would be fun.

My first question: 13 hoopers

?? WTF ?? I actually spent 20 minutes trying to figure out what that was. No luck.....I was a search failure.....this sucks.

My next couple of questions were asking about people. Not famous people...just regular Joes. I found one of them but not the other. At this point I was feeling not to good about this. Finally after 5 more questions, they started to get better. "Who is better Chris Paul or Deron Williams?", "Who is the Seattle Mariners franchise leader in home runs?", "How did they create Alloys back in the old days?"
It got to be fun and I learned a thing or two....and on top of that, I've earned a whopping $2.40.
I'm going to keep going with this. It's a great way to relax between coding and a nice way to end the day.

No comments: